Graduate Assistant: Office for the Vice President for Student Affairs
The Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs (VPSA) has one Graduate Assistantship available for the 2023-24 academic year.
New Job Posting
Position Title: Graduate Assistant
Type: Graduate Assistantship
Employment Period: Academic Year (Fall & Spring)
Organization Name: Student Affairs Administration
Organization Address 1: 103 Ruby Jones Hall
Organization City: West Chester
Organization Address: PA
Organization Zip Code: 19383
Organization Website: https://www.wcupa.edu/_services/stu/
Description of Duties
· Administrative Support. Examples include: website development; creating agendas and materials; proofreading; managing files; developing distribution lists; taking meeting minutes; participating in event planning, implementation and set up/tear down; managing technology and registration; handing out/gathering materials and information.
· Committee Support. Provide support and continuity for various committees. Examples of committees include: Assessment Council; Chi Sigma Alpha; Co-Curricular Transcript initiatives; Curriculum Team; HEPSA Advisory Council; Program Catalog Team; Professional Development Committee; Homecoming; Family Weekend; Strategic Planning; Student Affairs Honors Society; West Chester’s First/first gen student initiatives, and; search committees for open positions within or outside the Division of Student Affairs.
· Event/Program Support and Coordination. Programs may include, but are not limited to: 1871 Award Celebration; Family Weekend; Careers in Student Affairs Month (October); HEPSA Preview Day; Homecoming; Legacy of Leadership; New Faculty Orientation; Ramboree; Student Leadership Dinner, and professional development opportunities for the Division of Student Affairs.
· Assessment Support. Prepare assessment resources and training to support departments and individuals throughout the assessment process. Assist with coordinating assessment, evaluation and research projects (e.g., recommend methodology, prepare a plan, develop the instrument, gather data, clean and analyze results, draft reports and presentations). File research applications with the Institutional Review Board. Assist with coordinating program reviews.
· Professional Development. Attend professional development opportunities, including monthly Student Affairs meetings/conferences.
· Other Duties as Assigned.
Number of Hours Per Week: 20
Special Skills or Training Required:
· Applicants must be a full-time graduate student enrolled in a graduate program at West Chester University and must be willing to complete research ethics and compliance training. Special consideration is given to students in the WCU Higher Education Policy and Student Affairs progeram.
· Must have a 3.0 GPA
· Should possess strong communication, interpersonal, administration, organizational, and technological skills. Must demonstrate attention to detail, professionalism and be able to work autonomously.
· Must be able to commit to 20 hours per week.
Pay Rate: 2,500 stipend/semester
Number of Academic Credits: 12