Student Athlete Success Program Part Time Graduate Assistant
The Student Athlete Success Program (SAS) emphasizes different areas of focus for student-athletes in an effort to expose and educate them in ways that differ from what is learned on the field and in the classroom. Partnerships with professionals in areas outside of athletics allow us to offer programming that may not otherwise be accessible to student-athletes and it is presented in a way that meshes their being an athlete with becoming an engaged and capable member of society. With 15-20 programs offered throughout the academic year, student-athletes will be exposed to workshops and programs related to academics, career development, civic and community engagement, diversity and inclusion, leadership, and wellness. The programs include both new and annual events that student-athletes can attend simply by signing up. Team sessions are available as well and facilitators are able to work directly with coaches to bring those programs to the student-athletes directly. Aside from set programs, SAS encompasses other student-athlete support services that adhere to the same goals. Through special and ongoing programs student-athletes are able to experience a wide range of topics.
The part-time (10 hours per week) graduate assistant position is mainly a hybrid with about 1-2 days per week on campus depending on events and the rest of the time virtual. This position works closely with the full time (20 hours per week) SAS graduate assistant to provide the the best experience and programs for WCU's 600 student-athletes. Each graduate assistant will focus on specific areas of the program but be collectively involved in its execution.
- planning and programming workshops and events
- marketing and posting on social media
- updating website and email communications
- working with departments across campus
- creating media content and newsletters
- working with coaches and student-athletes as well as the department as a whole
· ability to maintain various social media platforms
· graphic design using Canva or similar tool
· ability to use online management systems
· ability to work on own
· accepted into a WCU graduate program
· must be able to attend on campus SAS events, workshops and programs as needed
- This is a part-time graduate assistant position which includes 6 credits per semester as well as a stipend of $1250 per semester