Graduate Assistant: College of Education and Social Work (CESW) Dean's Office
COLLEGE OF EDUCATION AND SOCIAL WORK (CESW) DEAN’S OFFICE
Seeking an organized and self-motivated graduate student able to commit 20 hours per week during two years (2023-2024; 2024-2025)
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following duties:
- Provide support to the Director of Professional Education, Certification, and Compliance by verifying PA and out-of-state certification requirements for candidates in educator preparation programs.
- Enter data utilizing the myWCU electronic management system to indicate candidates’ academic progress
- Retrieve and analyze paperwork to verify candidates’ compliance with Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE) requirements
- Organize and screen candidates’ certification applications for accuracy
2) Collaborate with staff and faculty for website development tasks and social media administration.
- Operate within web editing software “OUCampus” to maintain accurate web content for CESW departments and offices (will provide training on web editing)
- Collect campus information to create Facebook, Twitter and Instagram posts as well as digital directory displays
- Create eye-catching social media posts to improve engagement
- Collaborate with the Tech Center to create website content
3) Serve as a Test Administrator in the WCU Professional Testing Center.
- Complete trainings required for CLEP, ETS/Praxis, and Pearson/PECT test proctors
- Follow established procedures to check-in and check-out test takers
- Maintain security of test takers and testing materials while proctoring exams
4) Assist the Dean’s Office staff and Assessment Team with research relating to national accreditation and PDE initiatives.
- Locate and distribute information regarding PDE certification guidelines
- Analyze course content to verify educator preparation programs’ compliance with national standards
- Communicate with students through email to relate information regarding academic programs and certification eligibility
- Edit and proofread materials for print and electronic publications
- Assist with administrative duties (such as filing, scanning, etc.) and various building initiatives as needed
- Enthusiastic, flexible, high level of professionalism in all interactions
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Effective time-management and organization skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Reliable and willing to take initiative
- Comfortable with MS Office, Internet, and other technology/software tools (SharePoint & Adobe experience is a plus!)
- Experience with Facebook, Twitter and Instagram social media platforms
- Experience or interest in educator preparation programs preferred, but not required
Application and Interview Process:
- Submit your cover letter and resume to Ashley Rowe at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Interviews will be held in April 2023 in-person or via Zoom. Offers will be made in April.
- The selected candidate may perform job shadowing during May 2023 with compensation as a graduate student employee. Candidates will begin their assistantship work in August 2023. There is also a need for this team member to work during winter breaks and over the summers!